This two day course is aimed at solicitors moving in-house for the first time and will also provide a useful refresher for those returning from a career break. It gives an overview and update of the areas of law in which your advice will most commonly be sought.
The course also provides invaluable advice on integrating the legal team into a business and “selling” its value to your internal client. The course is not intended to deal with commercial contracts and solicitors who do not have a background in commercial contracts may also wish to attend the 2 day Certificate in Commercial Contract Drafting.
• Company Secretarial - the fundamentals
• Intellectual Property - understanding, protecting and enforcing - inventions and patents - trade marks and passing off - copyright and database rights - design rights - confidential information
• Data Protection - key principles - auditing the business
• TUPE - when does it apply? - what rights does it create?
• Competition law - what can and can’t you do? - vertical block exemption - Implementing a competition compliance programme - preparing for a dawn raid
• UK Bribery Act overview and a practical guide to achieving compliance in your organisation
• Selecting and managing professional advisers
• Information technology to help the in-house lawyer
• Client care and selling the value of an in-house team.
£360 Package price (minimum spend applies)
£495 + VAT CLT Members/£795 + VAT Non-members
Click here to book
Have You Managed Your Risk?
Early prosecutions under the Bribery Act may not have been as blockbuster as many had expected with a couple of low grade offences, but the SFO now has a major prosecution completed and has announced a pipeline of cases and access to blockbuster funding.
With the SFO swinging into action it's important that all companies have effective systems in place to minimise corruption risks.
With a mix of presentation, interactive discussion and video, this course will show you how to establish an effective anti-bribery compliance programme.
What You Will Learn
The course will cover the following:
- A quick re-cap of the UK Bribery Act and related laws
- Update on recent trends and enforcement action
- A comparison on the key differences between the FCPA and the UKBA
- A practical guide to establishing an effective programme to include:
- Getting the Board engaged
- Differentiating between proportionate and disproportionate procedures
- Assessing the risks
- Due diligence
- Communication and training
£108 / £120 / £240
To register click here