The idea of Apex is to provide valuable information and collaborative events for business leaders in fast growth and mid-size companies.
We have a series of events planned in 2017 and you can view the 2017 schedule here.
Our first event of 2017 is titled Scaling Up, or selling Out.
'Scaling up, or Selling out' will look at how we view, manage and enjoy our businesses. This is not a seminar on buying, investing or selling, it is about how business and personal drive together with lifestyle objectives interact and impact over time, using real life examples.
There are 7 Key stages in the business life cycle. Understanding these and aligning them with the owners’ personal ambitions is critical to meeting their goals, be the entities private companies, family businesses or third-party funded companies. In short, how we can be happy and successful in our business, maintaining motivation to be able to meet our financial, intellectual and other personal needs.
This event looks as what sits behind the decision on whether to scale up, maintain the status quo or sell out. We will cover:
- 7 stages of the business life cycle
- How personal and business energy is reflected in business success
- The best timing to sow, tend or reap rewards
- How to let go of the day-to-day running of a business
- The issues in passing on a business, be that to the next generation, management or trade
Wherever you are at in your personal or business life cycle, this seminar will be for you.
Places are limited so please book your place early. To book your place, please click here
This two day course is aimed at solicitors moving in-house for the first time and will also provide a useful refresher for those returning from a career break. It gives an overview and update of the areas of law in which your advice will most commonly be sought.
The course also provides invaluable advice on integrating the legal team into a business and “selling” its value to your internal client. The course is not intended to deal with commercial contracts and solicitors who do not have a background in commercial contracts may also wish to attend the 2 day Certificate in Commercial Contract Drafting.
• Company Secretarial - the fundamentals
• Intellectual Property - understanding, protecting and enforcing - inventions and patents - trade marks and passing off - copyright and database rights - design rights - confidential information
• Data Protection - key principles - auditing the business
• TUPE - when does it apply? - what rights does it create?
• Competition law - what can and can’t you do? - vertical block exemption - Implementing a competition compliance programme - preparing for a dawn raid
• UK Bribery Act overview and a practical guide to achieving compliance in your organisation
• Selecting and managing professional advisers
• Information technology to help the in-house lawyer
• Client care and selling the value of an in-house team.
£360 Package price (minimum spend applies)
£495 + VAT CLT Members/£795 + VAT Non-members
Click here to book
Have You Managed Your Risk?
Early prosecutions under the Bribery Act may not have been as blockbuster as many had expected with a couple of low grade offences, but the SFO now has a major prosecution completed and has announced a pipeline of cases and access to blockbuster funding.
With the SFO swinging into action it's important that all companies have effective systems in place to minimise corruption risks.
With a mix of presentation, interactive discussion and video, this course will show you how to establish an effective anti-bribery compliance programme.
What You Will Learn
The course will cover the following:
- A quick re-cap of the UK Bribery Act and related laws
- Update on recent trends and enforcement action
- A comparison on the key differences between the FCPA and the UKBA
- A practical guide to establishing an effective programme to include:
- Getting the Board engaged
- Differentiating between proportionate and disproportionate procedures
- Assessing the risks
- Due diligence
- Communication and training
£108 / £120 / £240
To register click here
Join us for an interactive discussion on the bear traps, top tips and innovative solutions for navigating the maze of employment.
This session will explore issues such as: zero hour contracts; identifying when contractors become employees; TUPE liabilities and much more.
This 'ties off' session will be led by legal and finance professionals but there is no death by PowerPoint; it's an interactive discussion with the opportunity to also share and learn from your peers.
As it is an evening event, we'll ensure there is plenty of food and drink too!
Who should attend?
Managing Directors, Finance Directors, Human Resource Directors & Operations Directors of large and medium sized companies based in Hertfordshire & surrounding areas.
Location: Boardroom, Lancaster Volkswagen, Alban Park, Hatfield Road, St Albans, Herts, AL4 0JJ
Event cost: This is a free event
Times: 18.00: Arrivals; 18:30: Discussion; 20:00: More food & drink
Register: please email email@example.com
This course will cover the legal and commercial aspects of these different sales channels. The course will start with an explanation of the legal issues of each, particularly looking at the Commercial Agency Regulations and case law.
There will be a detailed review of the differences between the sales channels and an analysis of the pros and cons of each. The course will also look at some of the wider issues relevant to these sales models including the vertical block exemption and other competition law issues.
The course will be packed full of practical examples and real life commentary to help explain the issues.
This course is organised by Central Law Training. The cost of the course ranges from £99.00 to £300.00 depending on package selected.
To register click here
More dates are available: 11th October, London and 18th October, Birmingham